Friday, March 25, 2011

Textures

Below are my 36 custom textures . . .


The textures are as follows: (left to right)

 Row 1: Fibrous, Layered, Resilient, Permeable, Modular, Translucent

Row 2: Flaky, Transparent, Magnetic, Course, Cobbled, Gradational

Row 3: Organic, Abrasive, Symbiotic, Opaque, Gestalt, Delicate

Row 4: Perforated, Rusty, Tessellated, Absorbent, Monotonous, Condensed

Row 5: Serrated, Porous, Homogeneous, Jagged, Elastic, Corrosive 

Row 6: Conductive, Ductile, Reflective, Malleable, Brittle, Granular 

Below I have chosen three textures to be included in my final scheme:

 
Course | Abrasive | Monotonous
 
 
I chose my second sketchup model to develop for the final submission. As you can see below I have incorporated the artists own work in the respective studios (Malangi above and Banksy below). Similarly I used the course texture for the outer part of the lower section. I chose to use the monotonous texture for the rise of each stair, to highlight the continuous rhythm they create. Finally the abrasive texture was used in the walls of the screens I created which surround Malangi's artworks. 
 
Application of Textures to Model:
 
 
Malangi's Work in Studio + Textures:


 Banksy's Work in Studio + Textures:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment