Saturday, April 30, 2011

Experiment 2: Final Images from Crysis Environment . . .

Below are my 5 final images from my crysis wars environment, which include the addition of my detailed elements, application of textures, light, medium and dark and development of surrounding landforms and environment etc to a final resolution.


This image is an aerial shot to establish my structure in its surrounding environment. I decided to position it within a deep valley through which a small inlet of water runs. I decided to place my structure just in the water since not all building are designed to sit on a solid massing form. 


 The above image provides a detailed view of two of the three textures i decided to use. As you can probably guess it is my dark and light textures, hence the extreme contrast. I had some trouble importing my darker textured components so it is difficult to make out any detail nevertheless you can see how the combination of textures, and simple rectangular hallway work together to create a more dynamic structure. This relates directly to my combined hypotheses and highlights how materials and elements are dependant on each other. 


In this image you can see the darker texture on the corners of both laboratories (Newton below, Maria above) which contrasts the white panels which contain my light texture. The arm like bridge that connects both clients in a central position is textured with my medium texture. My building contain only rectangular forms. Combine these with a variety of textures and you can see the complex space that has been created, which is heavily dependant on the surrounding environment. It may be difficult to see, but Maria top laboratory is supported by a rock that protrudes from near the waterfall.  

Finally i have included two images below of my environment during the night. The simple addition of an indirect light serves to illuminate the structure, textures and surrounding environment (namely the waterfall) so that we can perceive the building in a different manner than during the day. The lights give a sense of "habitation" and "aliveness". The way in which Maria's studio "hangs" encourages circulation beneath it, further highlighting the complexity created by simple rectangular prisms and their dependency on textures and surrounding environments.




No comments:

Post a Comment